Montana State University President Waded Cruzado named a 17-member panel to search for a new chancellor for Montana State University-Northern.
The chancellor search advisory committee is charged with evaluating candidates to fill MSU-Northern Chancellor Frank Trocki's post. Trocki will be leaving Northern at the end
The committee represents a range of constituent groups including students, faculty, professional staff, community members, and tribal colleges.
"I am deeply impressed by the passion and dedication each member of the search committee is bringing to this process," Cruzado said. "This group has the best interest of Northern's students at top of mind. I'm confident we will have an impressive group of finalists from which to choose Northern's
Academic Search Inc., of Washington, D.C., has been hired to provide professional assistance in the search. Academic Search has more than 30 years experience in finding university executives. In the past five years, the firm has completed more than 245 senior executive searches.
The firm's recent clients include: Florida State University, the University of North Dakota, the University of Arizona, the University of Utah, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and the University of Georgia.
Constantine Curris, former president of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, will be the firm's consultant working with the committee. Curris has also served as president of the University of Northern Iowa, Clemson University, in South Carolina, and Murray State University, in
The committee members are:
• Joe Callahan, interim chancellor, MSU-Northern, committee co-chair
• Doug Steele, vice president for external relations, MSU, committee co-chair
• Greg Clouse, professor, MSU-Northern, representing the Faculty Union
• Norton Pease, associate professor, MSU-Northern, representing faculty and
• Larry Strizich, professor, MSU-Northern, representing faculty
• Lanny Wilke, associate professor, MSU-Northern, representing faculty
• Paul Tokarski, president, Associated Students of Montana State
University-Northern, representing students
• Jane Stuart, administrative associate, MSU-Northern, representing staff
• Shauna Albrecht, executive director, MSU-Northern Foundation, representing
• Andy Carlson, superintendent, Havre Public Schools K-12, representing K-12
• Carole Falcon-Chandler, president, Fort Belknap College, representing tribal
• Brent Reber, president, Credit Bureau of Havre, representing the
• Lorren Schlotfeldt, MSU-Northern faculty, representing the MSU-Northern
• Debbie Vandeberg, Havre Chamber of Commerce, representing the Havre
• Rolf Groseth, chancellor, MSU-Billings, representing MSU
• Judy Hay, assistant dean of student services, MSU-Great Falls, representing
• Jennifer Joyce, assistant to MSU vice president for planning, search
ern, representing staff