By Ron VandenBoom
The fire that ravaged the Oakwood Village apartment of Michael Franks and Jackie Campbell on Dec. 5 has left the family in need of basic household items.
The Bear's Paw Chapter of the American Red Cross is asking the community for assistance in finding two beds, bedding, towels and various household cooking utensils to help the family.
The family, which consists of Campbell, Franks, and one child, has moved into a different apartment at Oakwood Village, and the family has acquired the most basic household items, said Vicke Larson, chairwoman of the local Red Cross chapter.
Campbell, a student at Montana State University-Northern, received help from students and faculty at the school and particularly from the MSU-Northern Rodeo Club, Larson said.
Anyone having beds, bedding or cooking utensils should contact the Havre Red Cross at 265-1500 and leave a message.
The Northern Rodeo Club will assist in arranging transportation of the items, Larson said.