By Ron VandenBoom
The two victims of a fire that ripped through a residence in the 600 block of Second street Friday are in need of basic household items.
Joseph Parisian and Edweena Saddler lost all of their possessions in the blaze and Vicke Larson, chairwoman of the Bear's Paw Chapter of the American Red Cross, is appealing to the community for help.
The couple needs furniture, household goods, bedding, blankets and other common household items, Larson said.
The fire that started in the furnace area of the couple's home was reported about 6 p.m. Friday. After extinguishing the fire the first time, firefighters were called back to the structure about 10:30 p.m. to extinguish another blaze that erupted. The second fire leveled the structure.
Craig Ellingson, Havre fire chief, estimated value of the loss at $25,000.
"They are also looking for new housing," Larson said, adding that the couple is currently staying with friends.
Townhouse Inns of Havre donated three nights lodging at the motel to the victims and free meals at The Kitchen Restaurant.
The Red Cross also gave the couple some clothing and an allowance to buy personal toiletries.
Larson said anyone wanting to donate items to the family should call 265-1500 and leave a message. The Red Cross is in contact with the victims and arrangements can be made to collect donated items.
The couple had no insurance on their household goods.