While a couple of races in Havre garnered most of the attention, many area political candidates were unopposed in Tuesday’s voting.
• Virginia Seigel was elected without opposition to the nonpartisan position of Havre city Judge. She replaces Margaret Hencz who is retiring.
• In Chinook, Keith Hanson was elected mayor, Robert L. Smith was elected to city council from Ward 1, Jack Conner from Ward 2,
• In Harlem, William Taylor was reelected as Mayor, Ralph Schneider was elected to a four-year term in Ward 1, Kim Hansen to a two-year term from Ward 1, and Eva English to a four-year term in Ward 2.
• In Hingham, Raymond Lipp was re-elected mayor.
• In Havre, Terry Lilletvedt, a Democrat, was elected to the Ward 1 council seat with 711 votes; Democrat Jay Pyette was elected to a four-year term in Ward 3 with 571 votes; and Allen “Woody” Woodwick got 591 votes for Ward 3’s two-year term.