Havre Daily News - News you can use

For the Record, August 7, 2014


August 7, 2014

Havre Police Department

Officers investigated a 2:20 Wednesday call from 3rd Avenue about a bike leaning against a tree that does not belong to anyone in the area.


Officers investigated a 4:53 p.m. Wednesday call from 16th Street West to make a welfare check on a man.


Crystal Michelle Blatt, 40, of Havre was arrested on charges of theft of lost or mislaid property and probation violation after officers responded to a 7:55 p.m. Wednesday call from a 2nd Street business about a stolen iPhone.


Hadushka Anthony Howell, 35, of Box Elder was issued a summons on a charge of criminal contempt after a 24/7 Sobriety Program no-show at 8:01 p.m. Wednesday at the police station.


A two-vehicle, noninjury motor vehicle accident was investigated after officers received a 8:59 p.m. Wednesday call from a 1st Street West business.


Officers investigated a 9:53 p.m. Wednesday complaint at the police station about the complainant wanting to speak to an officer about her 13-year-old son being assaulted.


Leland Thomas Collins, 59, of Harlem was arrested on charges of criminal contempt and trespassing after officers responded to a 10:36 p.m. Wednesday call from 1st Street about a man passing out in a tent.

Hill County Sheriff’s Office

Deputies took someone to the hospital after responding to a 6:33 p.m. Wednesday call from east of Havre about a man passed out near a moving train.

Havre Fire Department

Emergency medical personnel responded to one call Wednesday.


Firefighters were called to the 500 Block of 4th Street at 11:03 a.m. Wednesday to address a gas odor. They could not detect any gas and NorthWestern Energy was called.


Firefighters were called to aid the Bear Paw Fire Department 10 miles south on Bullhook Road at 4:08 p.m. Wednesday to extinguish a grass fire that was caused by smoldering material ignited by lightning in the past.


Firefighters were called to the 400 Block of 8th Street at 6:05 p.m. Wednesday to address a gas odor that was possibly caused by a malfunctioning furnace. NorthWestern Energy was called and they repaired it.

You might be interested in:

Reader Comments

Rendered 02/21/2017 01:21