News you can use

Articles written by Gary Wilson


Sorted by date  Results 1 - 2 of 2

  • Return to Park History: Excerpts from the N.R.H.P. nomination

    Gary Wilson|Updated Mar 14, 2014

    (Since there has been continued interest in the history of Beaver Creek Park, the Preservation Commission presents the following information we have collected. It is based on excerpts from the nomination of Kiwanis Chapel to the National Register of Historic Places.) Beaver Creek County Park's beginnings coincide with the closure of Fort Assinniboine, located approximately 16 miles northwest of Camp Kiwanis. Established in 1879, the 700,000-acre fort included a timber/water re... Full story

  • MSU-Northern: The beginnings, part III: Donaldson Hall

    Gary Wilson|Updated Aug 2, 2013

    The completion of Pershing Hall in January 1934 gave some relief to the overcrowded classrooms of East Hall and the old junior high school, but the school continued to grow and expand the curricula, so space was still a problem. Plus, there were no dormitories; a women’s residence was a priority, with a social hall and dining hall. Hence, there was little time for pride in accomplishment or appreciation of the financial and volunteer support received. Although the Havre D... Full story