Havre Daily News - News you can use

Family possessions destroyed in house fire


A Monday afternoon fire ravaged the home of Leeann and Clayton Ahenakew on Rocky Boy's Indian Reservation, destroying the family's clothing, refrigerator, living room furniture, and all of their food, the American Red Cross said.

A member of the family apparently did not turn off a stove burner before going grocery shopping, said Terry Schend, chairman of the Red Cross Bears Paw District disaster relief committee. When the Ahenakews came home, they discovered the fire.

The family rented the home and did not have renter's insurance, he said.

"I spoke with Leeann the other day. The shock had...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021