Havre Daily News - News you can use

USDA opens north-central CRP land to grazing


Last updated ERROR at ERROR

Agriculture producers on the Hi-Line can open their Conservation Reserve Program acreage for emergency grazing.

Secretary of Agriculture Ann Veneman announced Wednesday that ranchers in seven Western states, including Montana, can move cattle back onto CRP land. Producers in Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah and Wyoming are also permitted to open CRP land to grazing.

Hill County is one of 14 counties in Montana authorized for emergency grazing. Others include Blaine, Chouteau, Judith Basin and Liberty counties. Mired in four years of drought, north-central Montana has been rated as an...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020