News you can use

Community holds benefit for fire victims

The Big Sandy community is coming together to help a family after a September fire destroyed its belongings.

The Andrades lost much of their belongings when a first-floor fire started early in the morning of Sept. 21 in the kitchen of the home they rented. The family had no rental insurance to replace the items, Michelle Andrade said, including clothes, personal items, a refrigerator, television, furniture, stereo equipment and a microwave oven.

"Basically everything," she said.

Friends of the Andrades are holding a benefit Friday for the family, with all proceeds going toward replacing their...


Reader Comments(0)