What's open and closed for July 4:
Here are a few of the activities planned for the Fourth of July in the Havre area:
Havre Daily News/Nikki Carlson
A red and blue firework bursts in the sky during the Jaycees annual Fourth of July Fireworks Display near the Great Northern Fairgrounds July 4, 2011.
• The community is invited to a unique celebration of the holiday at Pepin Park at noon. Allen "Woody" Woodwick and his brother, Vince Woodwick, are sponsoring the 11th annual community picnic. People are invited for burgers, hot dogs, soda and chips. Bands will perform, face painting and other activities for kids will be offered and people can sit around and chat with neighbors. There is no charge. Festivities begin at noon with a brief patriotic ceremony.
- Havre Jaycees will host the annual fireworks display at dusk at the Great Northern Fairgrounds. People are invited to park anywhere in the area to enjoy the show.
- The Wahkpa Chu'gn Buffalo Jump will be open, as will the Wildlife Museum in Chinook and the Blaine County Historical Museum. The H. Earl Clack Museum at Holiday Village Mall will be closed.
- Sounds on the Square, the weekly music festival in downtown Havre, will not be held this week because of the holiday. It will resume next week.
- The Havre Daily News will not publish on Wednesday so staffers can celebrate the day with their families.