Havre Daily News - News you can use

Celebrating history: Churches were busy in 1915

 

Last updated 12/11/2015 at 5:51pm

Courtesy Photo

St. Jude Thaddeus School and chapel is shown in this photo which is dated between 1917 and 1924. The rectory, built in 1917, is in this picture, the church, finished in 1924, is not.

News of churches dominated the newspapers this week 100 years ago. In the Dec. 11, 1915 issue of The Hill County Democrat, the Methodists were making good use of the newly finished basement of their new church on 5th Avenue. Not only were services being conducted there, a bazaar and supper was also planned:

Methodist Bazaar and supper

The Annual Bazaar and dinner of the Methodist church will be held from 5 to eight o'clock in the new church building. The Bill of Fare for the supper is as follows: Roast Beef, Brown Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Creamed Lima Beans, Celery, Cabbage Salad, Pickles,...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020

Rendered 11/09/2020 06:30