Havre Daily News - News you can use

NorthWestern warns customers to be safe with snow and natural gas

 


Havre Daily News Staff

NorthWestern Energy issued a release Wednesday telling people that with the heavy snow and drifting snow — that led to Gov. Steve Bullock declaring emergencies Tuesday in several areas including the Fort Belknap Indian Reservation — they need to be careful with natural gas.

Deep and blowing snow can block heating and appliance exhaust vents, which can cause equipment to malfunction, resulting in a loss of heat or possibly a build-up of deadly carbon monoxide in homes and businesses, the release said.

Outdoor natural gas meters and equipment are designed to wit...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 08/18/2018 22:16