Havre Daily News - News you can use

Electrical fire shuts down IGA

 

Havre Daily News/Ryan Berry

The parking lot at Gary & Leo's Fresh Foods is nearly empty as customers are turned away after a fire forced the business to temporarily close its doors Wednesday afternoon.

An electrical fire at Gary & Leo's Fresh Foods at about 2 p.m. has shut down the grocery store for at least a few hours.

Havre Fire Chief Mel Paulson said the fire was rather small and that the problem was contained quickly.

"It looks like a compressor building on the south side of IGA," he said. "It appears they had some sort of a short in there and it caused some heat. A little bit of flame went up and caught the ceiling tiles on fire and melted down some of the plastics in there."

"We were there and had it under control in about five minutes," he added.

Paulson said the fire did not...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 09/14/2019 05:18