Havre Daily News - News you can use

Bad HVAC leads to Ryan Building evacuation

 

August 9, 2019

Havre Daily News/Ryan Berry

Havre Fire Department firefighters enter the Ryan Building while responding to a call about a fire-like smell inside the building Thursday in Havre.

By Havre Daily News Staff

A burned-out motor in the HVAC system of the Ryan Building on the 10 Block of Second Avenue forced the employees to evacuate Thursday at 3:45 p.m. after someone reported an "electrical smell" from somewhere on the second floor of the building.

Havre Fire Department Chief Mel Paulson said the burned motor was pushing smoke into the building and the whole building had to be evacuated. The fire department responded to the scene with two fire engines, an ambulance and a number of firefighters. He added that after the building was evacuated, no reports of injuries or...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019