Havre gets a Carnegie Library
Last updated 9/4/2020 at 7:52am
By Keith J. Doll
Havre/Hill County Historic Preservation Commission
In January 1905, the Havre Public Library was established in the new First National Bank building on the southeast corner of First Street and Third Avenue. The library was located in the rooms below the office of Carnal and Carruth. Donated books, current magazines and current newspapers were asked for by the association for the library. Over 300 books were donated to the library, along with current magazines and newspapers. They also received reference books, a United States map and a "traveling library" of 53 books. They...