The Postscript: Holiday rumors
Last updated 11/10/2021 at 10:49am
I have been studying up on frightening holiday rumors and found some surprises.
There is apparently no evidence that any child has ever been poisoned by a Halloween treat.
This is according to The New York Times, which investigated it. There was one case of a dentist in California who handed out laxative pills as Halloween candy. That was certainly a terrible thing to do, but not life-threatening. There was a single case of a razor blade found in Halloween candy, but it was later discovered to have been put there by the mother who reported it.
Thanksgiving turkey does not make us terri...