Independence Bank Scholarship deadline approaching
Last updated 1/11/2022 at 10:48am
The Independence Bank Scholarship application deadline is quickly approaching. Applications for the scholarship must be received in the Montana State University-Northern Financial Aid Office by Feb. 4.
The Independence Bank Scholarship is open to incoming freshman students planning to attend Northern. To be eligible, students must graduate from a high school in Hill, Blaine, Phillips, Valley, Roosevelt, Daniels, Sheridan, Liberty, Chouteau, Pondera, or Toole counties. Seven $1000 scholarships will be awarded for the 2022-2023 academic year. For more information on the Independence Bank Scholarship, people can contact the Northern Financial Aid Office at 406.265.3787.
Six area students were the recipients of the Independence Bank New Student Scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year and are attending Montana State University-Northern:
• Tia Kuntz graduated from Harlem High School and is majoring in Electrical Technology. Her grandparents are Elizabeth and Rueben Kuntz of Harlem.
• Aubre Hartsock graduated from Glasgow High School and is currently enrolled in General Education courses. Her parents are Heather and Kevin Hartsock of Glasgow.
• Payton Leibrand graduated from Scobey High School and is currently enrolled in Automotive Technology. His parents are Gordon and Katie Leibrand of Scobey.
• Joram Randolph graduated from Havre High School. He is pursuing a degree in Criminal Justice and Biology. His parents are Randy and Sarah Randolph of Havre and Kristin Paul of Kalispell.
• Hayden VanWichen graduated from Malta High School and is enrolled in the Welding Technology. His parents are Ward and Michelle VanWichen of Malta.
• Thomas Clawson graduated from Plentywood High school and is majoring in Diesel Technology. His parents are Dean and Robyn Clawson of Raymond.