Crisis help and support numbers listed
Last updated 8/31/2020 at 11:20am
During the COVID-19 pandemic and the isolation and stress caused by it, many people are looking for resources for themselves and others who need support.
Following are a list of some numbers people can call for help and support.
• Montana Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
• RAINN National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
• Tumbleweed Runaway and Family Crisis Program: 406-259-2558 and, toll free, 1-888-816-4702
• Friendship Line by Institute on Aging is both a crisis intervention hotline and a warm-line for non-emergency emotional support calls. It is a 24-hour toll-free line and the only accredited crisis line in the country for people aged 60 years and older and adults living with disabilities. Toll free line: 800-971-0016
• Seniors getting frustrated with staying home and needing someone to talk to can call 1-877-688-3377 for Montana’s Warm Line.