Havre Daily News - News you can use

A historical home for H. Earl Clack Memorial Museum

 

Last updated 1/14/2022 at 11:35am

Coutesy Don Greytak

Work progresses on the two-story brick 90-foot-by-80-foot building with a basement that now is being remodeled into the future home of the H. Earl Clack Memorial Museum.

By Keith J. Doll

Havre/Hill County Historic Preservation Commission

Few call it the Nash-Finch Company or the Havre Transfer and Storage with the yellow Mayflower moving trucks. Some know it as the Anderson Wholesale Company and many as Griggs Printing. This building is located on the west side of Fifth Avenue between Main and First Street facing Fifth Avenue, at 2 Fifth Avenue.

In February of 1892 a tract of land in the townsite of Havre was surveyed and subdivided into lots. Oct. 14, 1892, three lots were bought by three different purchasers, lot 1 for $28, lot 2 for $42 and lot 3 for $...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021