Montana FSA lists program key dates
Last updated 10/11/2023 at 10:41am
USDA in Montana reminds agricultural producers of important Farm Service Agency program dates. People can contact their local service center to apply and with any questions and go online to visit https://www.farmers.gov and https://www.fsa.usda.gov/mt.
• Oct. 16, 2023: Signup period ends for Milk Loss Assistance for Diary Operations Impacted by 2020, 2021 and 2022 Disaster Events. Read the full news release here: USDA Announces Milk Loss Assistance for Dairy Operations Impacted by 2020, 2021 and 2022 Disaster Events
• Oct. 31, 2023: OCCSP signup is open now until October 31, 2023. You can read the News Release at https://www.fsa.usda.gov/state-offices/Montana/news-releases/2023/stnr_mt_20230515_rel_687 to learn more about OCCSP.
• Nov. 1: Last day of 2023 CRP Summer/Fall Non-Emergency Grazing Period (prior approval required)
• Early November: 2023 County Committee Election Ballots to be Mailed to Voters
• Nov 15: 2023 Acreage Reporting Deadline for Apiculture, Fall Wheat (Hard Red Winter), and all other Fall Seeded Small Grains. Please note that this is the final date that FSA can accept late-filed 2022 reports for these crops.
• Dec. 4: Voted FSA County Committee Election Ballots to be returned to the FSA County Office or post-marked.
• Dec. 31: 2023 NAP Application for Coverage Deadline for Honey
• Jan. 13, 2024: Inflation Reduction Act Assistance for Producers Who Experienced Discrimination in USDA Farm Loan Programs application period closes. Applications are due October 31, 2023. To ensure timely processing, there will be no extensions to the deadline. For more information, people can visit https://www.farmers.gov/loans/inflation-reduction-investments/assistance-experienced-discrimination .
• ELAP notice of loss must be filed within 30 days of when loss is apparent for livestock and farm-raised fish losses.
• ELAP notice of loss must be filed within 15 days of when loss is apparent for honeybee losses.
Note for ELAP Notice of Loss — For people who are hauling feed/livestock/water due to a qualifying drought during the 2023 grazing period, a new NOL is required, even if they already submitted a NOL prior to the 2023 grazing period.
• LIP notice of loss must be filed within 30 days of when the loss is apparent.
For more information, people can contact their local FSA office and/or visit https://www.farmers.gov .