Havre Daily News - News you can use

Carbon monoxide causes Third Avenue shutdown

 

March 15, 2019

Havre Daily News/Ryan Berry

Emergency responders from Havre Fire and Havre Police work at the scene of a carbon monoxide detection at Heirloom Jewelers Friday morning in downtown Havre. The scene was cleared of CO and Third Avenue was reopened Friday afternoon.

Carbon monoxide detected at Heirloom Jewelers forced emergency services to block off Third Avenue between Second and Third streets in downtown Havre Friday morning.

Havre Fire Chief Mel Paulson said the fire department responded to a report of a gas leak at about 10:15 a.m. and called NorthWestern Energy to the scene when firefighters determined carbon monoxide was in the air.

NorthWestern Energy spokesperson Brandy Powers said a company gas serviceman found dangerous levels of carbon monoxide upon arriving at the scene. The serviceman immediately evacuated the building and shut down th...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019